2018 Public Works Roundup
The North Central Texas Council of Governments hosted the 19th Annual Public Works Roundup on May 23th, 2018 at the Grapevine Convention Center in Grapevine. The Roundup was attended by Public Works Professionals from around our region.
This year’s Roundup presentation topics will include Master Drainage Planning, Construction Best Practices for Site Design, Safely Improving Traffic Flows,, and more public works related topics.
Thank you to all of our speakers, sponsors, and attendees that made this event a success! We look forward to seeing you next year!
2018 Public Workshop Roundup Presentations:
Urbanized Stream Corridor: Community Approach to Address Erosion
- The Urbanized Stream Corridor: Community Approach to Address Erosion presentation addresses the causes and impacts of urbanized stream erosion on local development and reviews local case studies to identify solutions to erosion.
- The Low Impact Development: Construction and Maintenance presentation reviews best practices for design, construction, and maintenance of stormwater management through the use of green infrastructure, such as biofiltration systems and preamble surfaces.
- The City of Fort Worth, Master Drainage Planning presentation reviews the City of Fort Worth’s stormwater program background, mission, and strategic goals in order to underscore the necessity for cities to create comprehensive drainage master plans, incorporate public and stakeholder engagement in to the planning process, and assess the outcomes of a master plan.
- The White Rock Creek Master Plan and Downstream Assessment presentation examines the history of detention design criteria in Frisco, TX, identifies issues with previous downstream assessment processes, and reviews how master plans and modeling programs can provide developers with a base model for downstream assessment.
- The Holland Lake Watershed Regional Detention presentation uses the Holland Lake watershed case study to highlight the causes and impacts of regional flooding, identifies design solutions, and underscores the importance of incorporating private-public partnerships in the master watershed planning process.
- The Asphalt Pavement: Management and Rehabilitation presentation offers an overview of the background and benefits of pavement asset management, reviews the applicability of Paver software, and assesses the optimization of asphalt rehabilitation options.
- The Work Zone Traffic Control presentation highlights the importance of establishing traffic controls in work zone areas, identifies the components of a work zone, and reviews the process of creating and implementing a work zone action plan.
- The Construction Best Management Practices for Site Design presentation reviews the history of site plan development in Rowlett, TX, reviews and assesses the adoption of form-based code, and highlights BMPs of site design.
- The Integrated Stormwater Management (iSWM) presentation offers an overview of the iSWM program, identifies iSWM resources and highlights the current iSWM certified communities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- The NCTCOG Regional Public Works Program Update presentation highlights current resource materials, upcoming trainings, committees and subcommittees, and programming offered by the NCTCOG.