1. Locate Conference Information:
Locate the conference information required to connect to the meeting. It is typically sent through one of the following ways:
2. Open “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” Link:
- Calendar Invite: A meeting was created, and you were added to the invitation.
- Emailed Instructions: The meeting information was emailed to you.
Open the meeting URL and you should see a notification like the one below:
3. Select “Join on the web instead” button:
This will allow you to join directly from the web browser. If you would like to download the application, please see the optional download and install Microsoft Teams instructions
4. Select “Allow” If Prompted:
This will allow the Microsoft Teams web application to have access to your camera and microphone. If you would like to join by phone audio instead, please see optional Join Audio by Phone Using Web Application instructions
5. Enter Your Name:
This is the name that will be shown to other participants on the conference.
6. Modify Connection Settings (Optional):
You can toggle off your microphone and video camera prior to joining the meeting. Left means off and right means on.
These settings have my video camera and microphone turned on.
7. Click the “Join now” Button:
You will be connected to the meeting lobby until the meeting host permits you on to the conference call.
If you do not have a microphone on your computer, you can join by phone. This will allow you to still see video and screen shares through your computer but use the phone for audio.
1. Click the “Phone audio” option under other join options.
2. Wait for the Organizer to Admit You
3. Dial In:
The dial in instructions will be presented on the screen for you to dial in. If you are having issues you can use the manual dial in options. For instructions on how to manually dial in to the conference, please see Phone Dial-In Instructions
1. Select the “Download the Windows app” Button
2. Wait for Download:
The download should have started and once complete will look like the image on the right.
3. Install Teams:
Click the application and follow the prompts to install Microsoft Teams.
4. Launch Teams:
Once the install is complete, launch the application. If you cannot find it, please search the start menu.
5. Sign In or Create Account:
If your organization is using Office 365, you can try signing in with that account. If you are not able to login, you can “Sign up for free.”
6. Connect to Meeting:
Once signed in, you can use the Audio and Video: I Already Have Teams Installed instructions
to connect to the meeting.
1. Open Device Settings:
Click your image at the top right of the window and select settings.
2. Select Device:
Using the dropdown menus, you can change the device for you speakers, microphone, and camera. Here is an overview each option:
- Speaker: This option allows you to adjust the speaker(s) used for Teams. If you are not sure on your option, you can switch between them to determine which one is correct. Also, please make sure that your speakers are on and the volume is up to a level where you can hear it.
- Microphone: This option allows you to select the microphone. Most devices will only have one option here unless you have a headset, web cam, or are connected to an external microphone. If you are not sure, you can adjust these settings until others can hear you.
3. Close Device Settings:
- Camera: This option allows you to set your camera. Many devices have a front and rear camera so you can change that here. If you have a web cam or external camera, you can also select that from the list. If you are not planning on using a camera, you can ignore this option. Your camera must be enabled in the meeting for this option to work.
Once you have the settings that work best for you, please make a note for future reference.