Help Paying for Services

What Help is Available?

Medicaid pays for help in the home and other services. To find out more about covered services or to see if you qualify, call 855-937-2372.

The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging, funded by Texas Health and Human Services, has a program called Options Counseling. It helps people who don't receive Medicaid pay for temporary services that may include the following.

  • Housekeeping, personal care, and respite
  • Medical equipment and supplies that aren't covered by insurance
  • Minor home repairs like grab bars and wheelchair ramps
  • Emergency response devices that call family or emergency responders in case of an emergency
  • "Safe Return" registration or home monitors for people who may wander 
  • Help with a utility bill


Who Qualifies?

Options Counseling is available to people with memory loss and their caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell and Wise Counties. 

To qualify, you must be at least 60 years old, care for someone who's at least 60 years old, or care for someone under the age of 60 who has dementia. The program gives priority to caregivers and care receivers who aren't getting help from other sources and can't afford to pay on their own. Download our screening form for older adults and our screening form for family caregivers.

What If I Don't Live in One of Those Counties?

Similar programs are available throughout Texas.  Call 800-252-9240 to reach the Area Agency on Aging for your area. 

Dementia Friendly North Central/East Texas is supported in part by grant number 90ADPI0070, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), DHHS, Washington, D.C. 20201. The services are not necessarily endorsed by ACL/HHS.