Clean Fleets North Texas 2020
NCTCOG is offering grant funding for the replacement of heavy-duty diesel vehicles or equipment.
October 22, 2020; 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Local governments or private companies that contract with local governments (ex: Private waste hauler contracted to a city for trash or recycling collection)
- Applicants MUST adopt a Clean Fleet Policy or similar prior to receiving the grant award
Eligible Activities & Funding Levels
All old vehicles/equipment must be diesel. The new replacement may be diesel or alternative fuels, covered at the following funding levels:
|Replace On-Road Diesel Trucks
16,000 GVWR and Up;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2006;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2009; If Replacing with Electric
|45% Cost if New is Electric
35% Cost if New is Powered by Engine Certified to CARB Optional Low-NOx Standards
(Both Natural Gas and Propane Engines Currently Available)
25% Cost for All Others, Including New Diesel
|Replace Non-Road Diesel Equipment
Must Operate ≥ 500 Hours/Year;
See Guidelines for Eligible Engine Model Years
*All old vehicles/equipment that are replaced must operate in the nonattainment area and be scrapped. Other engine model years eligible on case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the Intent to Submit Form (optional)
- Review the Guidelines [PDF]
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
- Submit an Online Risk Assessment (Note: You cannot start and stop this survey; once started, the entire survey must be completed in one sitting. Staff recommends using this copy of the survey [PDF] to gather all necessary information prior to starting online entry via the live survey.)
- Download and complete the Application [XLS]. See Guidelines pg. 8 for required attachments and instructions for submission.
- Review an Example Agreement [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx and Electric Vehicles [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx Engines[PDF]
- Vehicle and Equipment Dismantlers [PDF]
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a competitive first-come, first-served basis every three months. The next and final application deadline for NCTCOG to have submitted applications "in hand" is 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 8, 2021 (Updated).
For more information, contact AQGrants@nctcog.org.