Vehicle owners of the Dallas-Fort Worth nonattainment counties may be eligible to receive vouchers to assist with the replacement of older more polluting vehicles through the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program. Recipients must meet income and vehicle requirements to qualify. Qualified individuals will receive a $3,000 voucher toward a car (including SUVs and minivans) of the current model year or previous three model years, $3,000 toward a truck of the current model year or previous two model years, or $3,500 toward a hybrid, electric vehicle, natural gas vehicle, or a Tier 2 Bin 3 or cleaner vehicle of the current model year or the previous three model years. The replacement vehicle being purchased using voucher assistance must meet certain conditions.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG), acting as the Regional Administrator for the Program in North Texas, has partnered with Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) licensed automobile dealerships as the designated service providers for this Program. NCTCOG would like to extend an invitation to your dealership for participation in the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program.
The following requirements must be met by a DMV licensed automobile dealership in order to participate in the Program:
- Be a DMV licensed motor vehicle dealer; and
- Send at least one dealer representative to a dealer workshop for Program training; and
- Sign and submit a dealer participation agreement outlining the Program rules and regulations; and
- Submit an Internal Revenue Service Form W-9; and
- Maintain at least one valid email address; and
- Attend all mandatory workshops; and
- Have internet access for the AirCheckTexas dealer database and for the public to access the Drive a Clean Machine website; and
- Have credit card transaction processing capabilities with the ability to enter the following information into a terminal:
- Single use credit card number; and
- Expiration date (the credit card terminal must accept an expiration date of at least seven (7) years or more, i.e. mm/yy or mm/yyyy; and
- Customer Validation Number (a three (3) digit number may be required by some credit card terminals)
Please click the link below and review the dealership requirements, procedures, terms and conditions for participation in the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program.
Dealership Requirements, Procedures, Terms and Conditions
After your facility has attended a workshop, you will receive the participation agreement form and W-9 form. Those must be completed and returned to the Regional Administrator before being approved to accept replacement vouchers from Program participants.
Automobile Dealership Participation Agreement
[Will be provided to Dealership Representative at Workshop]